The Green Sports Alliance (GSA) leverages the cultural and market influence of sports to promote healthy, sustainable communities where we live and play. Alliance members represent more than 300 sports teams and venues from 20 different sports leagues and 14 countries. SHIFT has been involved with the GSA since 2014 and has recently became a founding member of its Corporate Membership Network (CMN). GSA-CMN is focused on sports industry companies operating in support of the triple bottom line: planet, people, and profits. The goals of the Corporate Member Network include:
- Collaborating on market-based strategies that advance the ecological mission and initiatives of the Green Sports Alliance.
- Providing a networking forum for CMN members to share information about environmentally preferable goods and services for the global sports industry.
- Providing a networking forum for CMN members to advance business relationships among other CMN members, and facilitate dialogue with sports leagues, teams, and venues.
- Helping the Green Sports Alliance grow its influence, membership, and funding globally.
- Creating a forum for sharing information about ecologically better practices at sports venues and events globally.
To know more about GSA-CMN and to become a member click here.